Sunday, April 24, 2011

Just A Dash Of Liquid Courage: #3

Sorry for the short post here, folks. Not up to writing a bunch right now. At any rate, I came across this once, and thought it sounded interesting. I mean, it's the closest thing I can get to a braggot. So, I figured I'd try it. Mind you, even after trying it, I'm still not sure if it's a braggot or not, but it's pretty damned good.



Fuller's Organic Honey Dew
500mL bottle at 5.0% ABV
Appearance: 8/10 (B)
A light beer with a rich amber color, reminiscent of a clear honey, though lacking in clarity somewhat. The lacing is very white, even and unexpectedly clean.
Aroma/Nose: 9/10 (A-)
A delightfully rich and flavorful aroma, smelling of just the perfect blend of honey and hops. It comes on a little strong, though.
Mouthfeel: 6.5/10 (C)
A smooth and heavy beer, for a lager, with a rather slick finish and just the right amount of carbonation.
Flavor: 8/10 (B)
A rich blast honey flavor without the overwhelming sweetness, though sweeter than your typical beer. It has malty hops in the undertones, and a pleasantly heavy aftertaste.
Overview: 8/10 (B)
Hands down one of the best lagers I've ever had, and the honey is a pleasant addition to what would otherwise be an ordinary beer, and it's at a good price of only five dollars.

No comments: